Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt Winners....

Yup, I said Winners........as in more than one winner. Miss Vickie emailed me that she had found the egg. I was so excited for her and I know her tastes mirror mine, so the custom made basket would be easy.

In checking my spam filter later that day, I discovered an email from Miss Rhea saying she had also found the egg. Her's was timed earlier than Miss Vickie's.

What to do?? Make two baskets, of course!

Miss Vickie was gone for the weekend, so I started on Miss Rhea's and finished it yesterday. If anyone knows Miss Rhea, you know how she loves soft colors with lots of white mixed in, so I chose my favorite Mary Rose fabric for the base. The roses are made from the same fabric. The lining is a soft white embroidered satin.

Miss Vickie has a more Victorian decor and she loves tea pots and tea cups, so I chose the Roses and Teacups fabric for her basket. The large rose millinery on the side is vintage from the 50s and it is embellished with clear crystal beaded fringe.

I sure hope these wonderful ladies enjoy their baskets as much as I did making them. It was so much fun!! I just love creating for people I know.


Thanks for visiting the cottage today!

10 comments:

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Just beautiful baskets. Sorry I missed the "egg hunt". Two well deserving ladies! So glad you stopped by, Bertie. Talk to you soon. Belated Happy Easter!

Kitty

Katie said...

Knock your socks off gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bertie, I bought the fabric lace roses from your website this morning. Can't wait to get them. I love the fact that the name of your website refers to the guest house on your farmhouse property. I would love to exchange website links with you. ~ Lynn

Val said...

I love the baskets. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. I will be back.

Shirl said...

Beautiful baskets Bertie! Sorry I missed your egg hunt!
Shirl
shirlsrosecottage

Carolyn said...

Just surfin' the blogs and stopped by for a visit.

Carolyn

vickie said...

Bertie! I can't wait to get my gorgeous basket!!!
love ya, Vickie

Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! said...

Hope sweet you are to send out another - and that fabric with the teacups is charming!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Bertie, the baskets are lovely. You are the queen of embellished baskets. The girls will love them.
Hope you had a nice Easter.
Hugs,
Celestina,
La Rea Rose

Lori said...

How very pretty! Well we did have a day of Spring weather in our area didn't we?? We'll have to plan on lunch soon! Lori