Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Product at Aunt May's Cottage

I've been dreaming of these for a long time and finally figured out how to do them. I love the way these mirrors hold a faint image and still reflect as they should. I will be trying several versions of these picture mirrors in the next couple of weeks and they will be available for you in the Cottage soon.

I REALLY love this one and may make one just for me.


See? You can still see the reflected image. It's just a little muted where the other image is.


I like this one a lot, but it gave me goosebumps when I first saw it. It's so real looking, that it's kind of spooky at first glance.



What do you think?

10 comments:

vickie said...

Wow, Bertie, I love these! Your June Window is beautiful. I would love to come to the cottage and stay!

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Stunning! I'll watch your site for them!

Katie said...

Brilliant Bertie! You have a winner there! Imagine all the possibilities of images you can do, even signs, baby pics, oh so pretty!

Vintage To Chic said...

Berdie, this is a very old craft, We did this in the 70ies when I had my craft shop. really beautiful
Judy

Shirl said...

Beautiful Bertie! How creative of you! Love it.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Unknown said...

Very pretty Bertie, I wish you great success with them.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Bertie, Oh I love this mirror. What a unique item. The imagine does look real. You are so talented. Something wonderful always being created by you.

Hope you have a nice weekend.
Blessings,
Celestina Marie

Rhondi said...

Hi Bertie
I'm excited that you want to join the party. I'll have my post up Tomorrow night. All you have to do is post your party and then come to my blog for directions. It's going to be fun.
Hugs, Rhondi

Pam @ Frippery said...

Beautiful and just a little spooky. I love them!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I didn't realize you were making these! They are wonderful! It is always fun to see your beautiful creations!