Today, I thought I'd post one of the articles from my new web site. These articles will be tips on Victorian, Cottage or Romantic decorating from my over 30 years of research on the subject.
Of course, some will just be thoughts of mine as is this one...
DON'T FORGET YOUR CAR! Many of us spend several hours a day in our automobiles. Why not make it as comforting as home? On that long ride to and from work or to visit relatives or friends, wouldn't it be nice to have that same warmth and serenity you enjoy when you are in your own living room or parlor?
Here are ten ways to do that.....Look at the backseat of your car. Doesn't it look like a couch? Why not treat it as one!
1) Put pretty throw pillows in your passenger and/or back seat.
2) Place a great looking fringed throw on the seat.
3) Set some decorated boxes on the floor to organize those nasty piles of papers, mail or trash.
4) A small pretty basket could hold some magazines to read while you are waiting for the kids after their soccer game.
5) Use one of my sachets for aroma control instead of those ugly car fresheners. Lavender will envelope your new sanctuary with only a hint of warm sunshine releasing that soothing fragrance.
6) Try a pretty lace doily over the back of your seat or peeking out from under your sun visor.
7) Hang a string of pearls, glass beads or chandelier prisms on your rearview mirror for continued sparkle and whimsy.
8) Place your favorite (unbreakable) collectibles in your back window. Change them out with the seasons or your mood.
9) How about a stained glass sun catcher hung on your side window.
10) Use small, floral rugs on the floor of your car, especially in the back seat.
Let your vehicle also reflect the romantic you! Just take a few of your favorite items from your home and put them in your car to make it more YOU.
For some wonderful items to accomplish this look , visit my website at http://auntmayscottage.com.