Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April's Cottage Window


Here is the cottage window for the month of April. I know I'm a little late and will try to get May's done sooner.

You can see in the reflection of the mirror how the grass and garden herbs are greening up in the April showers (and snow) that we have had. You can also see how much the fence needs whitewashing. I'll have to hope the weather dries up as the vines cover that fence very quickly.

Sorry for the reflection, but the trees are not out yet. Click on photo to enlarge.

Everything in this window is for sale at Aunt May's Cottage. We have added lots of luscious Victorian frames this week, too. Some in the lighter colors for you shabby lovers.

All of the trim on the cottage is the same color as the siding. I'd like to paint the trim white and I'm thinking of painting this window white. What do you think?

8 comments:

Connie said...

Bertie, gorgeous as always! Yep, Nan and I DID California badly last week, honey!! LOL
xoxo,
Connie

Katie said...

So pretty. I am just not sure if white would work. Maybe a more subtle color, lighter, hey what about a very very very pale burgundy/wine? I mean really, white or ivory with wine tint in it?

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Bertie! Your sweet cottage just always transports me to another place & time! Oh how I would love to visit it!! The cottage window is something I always look forward to. And that lamp is just stunning. Anytime you use a mirror in your decorating, it makes my heart sing!!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

debi said...

Hi Bertie,
Your window looks wonderful! You have so many beautiful treasures.
Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Debi

vickie said...

Oh Bertie the cottage window is beautiful!

Shirl said...

Bertie, this is just beautiful! I love it. So peaceful looking! White would be pretty for the woodwork.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi Bertie,
Just wanted to make sure you are still all right and still healing nicely. Loved the window. Also, I finally ready your profile, and can't wait to see your Victorian house, woohoo. What a renovation project!
Blessings,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

It's a true talent to display your merchandise as beautifully as you do, Bertie. Just lovely. Hope you are feeling better. Yes, I think white on the window is a good idea! Have a great week,

Kitty