Thursday, April 9, 2009

What's New??

What's new, you ask?? Well, this is not new, just a new idea to me. I'm so overwhelmed with "stuff" I can hardly breathe...........so, I've decided to let go of some of my vintage wedding gowns. These are all new, clean and never worn, stored in garment bags in a closet in my smoke free home. They just don't make them like they used to! These will all have wonderful hand beading, tons of appliques and lace in abundance. I just love looking at them and I will keep my favorites, but I have wayyyy tooo many and need to share their beauty.

Now, I know many of you still have your lovely gown stored away somewhere. But! What about that dress form or mannequin? What is she going to wear? What would you hang on that favorite decorated hanger (hopefully, purchased from Aunt May's Cottage)?

Here it is!! My goal is to list three a week in at the cottage. I will have no more than a dozen on there at a time. Check them out! You may find one that is just what you NEED for your lovely home. Psssttt....they are wearable, too.




The back of the dress shown above.....


Here's another beauty



The back of the dress shown above......



Where is your wedding gown??

14 comments:

vickie said...

Oh Bertie, they are absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure it's hard to let them go. I love your snow/spring picture!

Secondhandrose said...

Wow, I knew you would have only the best! They are stunning.

karen

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Bertie, these are beautiful. IT's good to have you back in blogland!

Connie said...

Oh, Bertie, those are outstanding and I cannot believe that you are selling them!! I do understand, chickee, about getting rid of some stuff. I think it's time for me to do it also.
xoxo,
Connie

Jennifer said...

Bertie The gowns are beautiful!I wouldn't be able to part withem.My fav is the first one.Love it.Hugs,Jen

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Ouuuuuu those are beautiful Miss Bertie!
I can't wait to see what others you have!

My wedding dress is in a bag in my closet, right next to my mums wedding dress which is a size zero!

Have a wonderful Easter dear friend!

Hugz & Blessings,
Dolly

Katie said...

I did not know Bertie that you were friends with Mrs. Invisible Man! She must be a special friend to model those beautiful gowns for you! I met her once and we chatted for a while but she's not really a person of much substance, you know what I mean?

LOVE that your are almost completely healed up now and can tackle this gownsizing, er, I mean downsizing project!

Love, your goofy friend!

Unknown said...

Bertie...welcome back! We have missed you and are so glad you are with us again! YEAH!!!

Those 2 dresses are glorious...they look like they may be from the 80's? Sure wish I could take them on..but you know I don't need more..but less. So like you I am purging! It's a spring thing dontcha think?

Have a blessed Easter!
Lorena

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

Wow Bertie! These two are STUNNING. Maybe you should open up a bridal shop for all the dresses you have!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bertie,
Thanks for stopping by & your sweet comments on my mirrors. Wow these gowns are gorgeous! I would love to have them all!!! I will keep checking on them to see what else you list!
Between your gorgeous bridal things & mine we could open a bridal shop.
Take care & you have a blessed Easter too.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Bertie,
Those dresses are simply gorgeous. I sure can understand sizing down a bit. Glad to see you are doing better with your arm.

Best wishes for a special Easter and so nice to see you stop by. Thank you for entering my giveaway.
Love ya sweet friend,
Celestina Marie

Anonymous said...

I like wedding dresses, I found a vintage wedding dress on ebay and put it on a dress form in my bedroom. What a lovely blog you have, I'll be back to visit....take care, Jennifer

Shirl said...

Hello Bertie, so glad to see you back! Beautiful gowns. I don't know how you could part with them!
Have a Blessed and Happy Easter!
Shirl
Shirls Rose COttage

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Berti-licious!! Aren't these just too fabulous for words?!? I love that first one especially! You do remember that my gown hangs on a mannequin in our bedroom!! Gosh, I was tiny waaaay back then!LOL

Hate to see you selling these ~ you also make gorgeous pillows & other dainties from them!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents