Sunday, November 29, 2009

November Wrap-up...

In my quest to visit as many small, quaint, historical towns in the Midwest as possible, hubby and I went to Paris, KY over Thanksgiving. What a friendly, clean little town! I loved it there. Unlike most of America, this looks to be a very active downtown area as many of the stores were being renovated and seemed to have new owners.

Smack dab in the middle of town was this sweet little park with a fountain. It was turned off for the winter, but I imagine it's quite beautiful in the summer months.


Paris has the most unusual Doors! These are a few of my favorites...


This building was in renovation.


Wonder what the Robneel was???


And these doors were well over 15 feet tall!!


I quickly found my favorite store....





Some other interesting buildings....



I peeked in the windows of this wonderful old drugstore and OH did I fall in love with this!! All of the renovations seemed to have these tin ceilings and wonderful wood floors.


Their courthouse is beautiful. It has a copper cupola and wonderful architectural features. I don't think I'd like to climb those stairs every day for work, though.


If you love old towns like I do and are ever in the Paris, KY neighborhood, you MUST stop by this lovely little heaven on earth. I can promise you won't regret it! I think we may go back again in the summer and say "Hey" to all of the friends we made there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can hardly believe it's the end of November already. Where did the year go?? We've only got the Christmas Season upon us now, being the last holiday in 2009. In celebration of that season, I'd like to share some of my favorite rooms decorated for the Holidays.


Many of you know how much I love the Victorian decorating magazines and have collected several publications for many years. When I'm thinking of decorating, I devour those for hours and have quite a stash of photos stored for future reference.

I'm sure you will enjoy some of these photos as much as I do and it may prompt you to expand your Holiday decorating as it does mine. So, starting December 1st, I will begin posting some of my favorites every day. There are almost 200 photos, so be sure to visit every day that you can during December.

Until next time..........

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bertie Wow is that place beautiful.I love the store fronts and those old houses.Hugs,Jen

Miss Rhea said...

Such a neat place Bertie ! I would love to visit there. There are no old wonderful buildings here in Vegas like those, just big gaudy sparkly ones, lol ! Glad you had such a nice time. I cant wait to see pictures of your lovely home :) Hugs :) :)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Ohh, Bertie, what a beautiful town that looks like. Love the architecture, the tin ceilings, the fixtures, the doors, the fountain, and that great store with the Santa!! What did you buy, Miss Bertie?!?!

I look forward to your Christmas decor! I've got a Christmas blog that you might have fun looking at, as I soooo love pinks and whites and sparkles at Christmas time!

http://angelicaccentsallthingschristmas.blogspot.com

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Sharon said...

Thanks for the tour, Paris reminds me of our home town. I'm inspired to take some photos so you can see how much out town looks like Paris but I doubt I'll find any 15' doors..lol

Connie said...

Oooooo, those doors are lovely, sugar. I could live with any of them and be ecstatically happy for sure.
xoxo,
Connie

Katie said...

What detail! That is such a quaint little place!

Shirl said...

Hello Bertie, what a cute little town. I love to visit places like this. There are alot of them on the Jersey Shore. You are gonna love Cape May. That door is beautiful as is all the architecture in that old town. Thank you for sharing!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Pam R. said...

Thank you for your wonderful pictures and commentary on my former home town. It's nice to hear someone say something positive about it. "The Robneel" was a grocery store at one time many years ago. Not sure when it went out of business. I too love your "favorite store" in Paris...it is now an antique shop but I can remember when it was still J. J. Newberry's. There was a lunch counter along the left side of the store and I can remember going there with my parents as a youngster and thinking it always smelled like coffee and grilled cheese! Best wishes to you this Christmas season!