Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Once in a Lifetime Offer......

Wouldn't you love to live here???


I have subscribed to this magazine for a long time now. It has wonderful articles on the "bones" of old homes and has been a valuable resource in our restoration of this circa 1848 house and the cottage. This particular issue shows how to rebuild your old stained glass windows and even shows how to make the glass look old.

Over the years, I have used many of the articles to help me fix horsehair plaster, repair a window sill that has rotted over time, seal an old door from the weather, fix a wood floor that had fire damage and repair copper gutters.


I am offering a free one-year subscription to one person that comments on this post. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please post your interest in the comments section.


Until next time.........

11 comments:

The Victorian Parlor said...

I don't mean to be selfish, since I just won the giveaway, but if no one else is interseted I certainly am:).

Blessings,

Kim

Connie said...

That house on the cover looks like a palace in winter with all the gorgeous white on it, honey.
xoxo,
Connie

Miss Rhea said...

It looks like a Christmas Glitter house, YES I would LOVE to live there !! :) I miss you !!! How is your arm doing ? Hope this finds you in great health enjoying the beautiful Fall weather :) Hugs :) :) :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Bertie,Oh that house is just beautiful.I would love to live in a old victorian like that.I would decorate the porch in burgundy and green with golds.I am still hoping to get that victorian sofa like yours in town.I can't beleive its still there after 3 years.Congrats to the winner of your giveaway.Hugs,Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to win the subscription to Old House magazine! I have viewed this magazine before and have been pleased with the info in it.

Old House Lover,
Kathy

Shirl said...

Hi Bertie, what a pretty post. I just bought this issue today because the cover was so pretty. I could not take my eyes off it, just soooooo pretty! I don't have a sub. to this magazine so I'd love to be in your drawing. Looks like some good reading in it.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Barb said...

I would love to win and dream about living in the house on the cover....Barb

Gone said...

Oh my....how beautiful!! I'd love to win!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Joyce said...

Hi Bertie!! hope this finds you well~ have been so busy, missed visiting everyone! I love the look of the magazine, and will keep my fingers crossed until you announce the winner! Happy weekend to you!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Sweet Bertie!! Is this magazine as terrific as the cover pic? Wow!!! I really REALLY want a house like that someday....sigh!

Love you,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

vickie said...

Bertie, how did I miss your giveaway? That house reminds me of
Dr. Zhivago movie! How beautiful!